Senior Business Analyst
- Responsible for reviewing the scope of user requested business requirements to implement solutions that will support business objectives. Work directly with the business in partnership with development teams. This position is responsible for interpreting requirements into technical specification documents, supporting data / reporting architects who define and detail a business solution, and supporting application developers who code and test the applications. This position is also responsible for Managing small to medium sized initiatives to ensure that the project meets the Time, Scope, Budget, Benefit and Quality.
- This is a top-level business analyst and is assigned some of the most complex systems and projects. Responsible for managing the implementation of assigned system projects. Applies specific knowledge of the business and knowledge of systems technology capabilities to business problem solving. Participates in the design, installation and maintenance of complex system projects. Ability to intuitively assess the impact of issues and escalate issues as and when necessary.
- Manage scope and requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conduct JAD Sessions with Subject Matter Experts to identify all system requirements.
- Complete System Design documents based on the information gathered at the JAD Sessions with the business and developers.
- Conducting walkthroughs of all completed design documents with the team to make sure the documentation is complete and development estimates are accurate.
- Serving as the main liaison between business users and development staff to ensure that all requirements are met on schedule; communicating business requirement changes to the business users.
- Completing and distributing documentation in a timely manner so that everyone is kept up-to-date on status and any issues that need to be resolved.
- Cleary communicate business and technical issues and expectations to business, and IT.
- Maintain Plan, Issues Log, schedule weekly technical meetings with development team etc when managing small / medium projects independently.
- 5+ years of System Analysis / writing system requirements. 2+ years experience in Data Warehouse and ERP projects is preferable.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, organization and interpersonal skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple planned and unplanned project tasks, roles and responsibilities.
- Skilled and proficient in requirements definition, process integration, and solutions delivery.
- Skilled and proficient in all aspects of Requirements Management and Testing.
- Strong knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycles (SDLC), change management and business processes. Knowledge of information technologies including a high-end (general) technical knowledge of hardware, software, databases and database technology.
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments, tight timelines and manage through project obstacles to consistently deliver results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.