Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and mentor a team of software Data Base developers
- Lead consistency in terms of coding standards, development methodology, source control, build, and deployment processes
- Provides the coding and process construction for the development and maintenance of the enterprise data warehouse (DW) and supporting business intelligence (BI) structures
- Develop complex analytic queries and data transformations in SQL and other DW / BI tools
- Maintain skill proficiency with the tools and software used by the DW and analytic reporting applications and systems
- Propose a database and data warehouse design from functional requirements
- Ability to travel 30-40% of his time to NORTH AMERICA
- Actively interface with other teams to gather requirements, design, code, debug, document, implement and maintain various DB projects
- Develop, test, and debug new functionality, and maintain/enhance existing functionality in T-SQL, SSIS packages, SSRS reports.
- Estimate work hours required to implement a technical design
- Comply with existing processes, including requirements for source control and documentation
- Provides on-call assistance as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience and knowledge in designing scalable, high-performance data warehouse and OLTP systems
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers and DTS development
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience with MS SQL of various versions, including SQL 2005 and 2008
- 2 Prior work experiences implementing large scale relational data warehouse on SQL Server platform with DTS and SSIS processes pulling from multiple source system databases is a plus.
- Responsible for activities involved in the analysis, design, development, troubleshooting, debugging and maintenance of enterprise, high-volume, transactional systems
- Responsible for formulating and implementing the team’s technical vision, providing hands-on insight into system architecture, data software development and architecture design.
- Database designing, database performance, management and tuning experience.
- Capable of working proficiently at both strategic and tactical aspects of a project.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple project/task assignments simultaneously
- 3 plus years of experience managing and leading the BI solution
- 5 plus years of experience with data quality and data modeling principles required.
- 5 plus year experience managing a team is required